Friday, May 18, 2012

Chipotle in Heaven?

Taste and see that the LORD (and Chipotle) is good. Psalm 37:4
This was a big week for Sophie. She's turning one in seven days, so we thought it was time for her to officially receive her license--her Chipotle eating license. I think she was initially intimidated by the sheer size of the mammoth burrito, but it didn't take long for her to figure out what the craze is all about!


Further evidence that we are big Chipotle fans...Below is a letter Avery submitted to Chipotle's cup story contest. Look for it on future Chipotle cups everywhere!

I'm all of THREE years old, and I can tell you what my favorite restaurant is: CHIPOTLE! Mom and Dad started taking me when I was still in the womb. Tasting the savory flavors left me kickin' for more. After I was born, I was treated HORRIBLY--they wouldn't feed me Chipotle for a whole year (some nonsense about not having teeth). It was the worst year of my life! It was especially harsh being that they still took their weekly trips to Chipotle, and they had the nerve to tell me how delicious it was. They thought I was drooling because that's what babies do at 6 months. How naive! My tummy was screaming to experience the unforgettable flavors of food with integrity. How did I know that? Mom and dad talked about that, too. My first birthday was a glorious celebration! Not because I face planted into a cake while everyone took pictures, but because that was when I received my official Chipotle eating license. I didn't want a stinkin' cake or lame toys, I wanted a taste of heaven wrapped in foil--and maybe a little help lifting it to my mouth. Now, my friends, I'm a Chipotle eating machine, and I'm loving life! My next task is to get mom and dad to keep their mitsy paws off my leftovers.

Signed,Your youngest, most passionate fan--Avery


No comments: